- Deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Exceed expectations
- Celebrate family
- Seek to elevate
- Live with integrity
- Actively listen
- Empower through accountability
- Embrace diversity
- Foster joy
- Act with urgency
This job is for LPN with Hospice experience
Job Title/Position: Referral/Intake Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing all aspects of the patient intake process to ensure hospice admissions in an organized and timely manner. Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with co-workers, customers and referral sources. Responds appropriately to customer requests and concerns. Coordinates the insurance verification process. Maintains active communication with all participants during the admission process.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Demonstrates exceptional service to patients, families, referral sources, co-workers and other customers. Assists team members as needed to ensure that this level of service is consistently provided.
- Demonstrates excellent telephone etiquette skills. Answers and responds to all telephone calls in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the collection of all information required for hospice admission. Communicates timely regarding any missing information.
- Maintains close communication with the sales team, clinical team, referral source and patient during the referral/admission process. .
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential referral sources
- Maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of contractual relationships and ensures that patients are admitted according to contract provisions.
- Ensures appropriate authorization is obtained prior to admission of all patients.
- Provides complete and accurate documentation of intake activities for each patient. Enters initial patient information into the electronic medical record in a timely manner
- Provides timely follow-up for all incomplete admissions including referrals that were “not-taken-under care” for various reasons.
- Provides assistance to community education team in meeting community education needs.
- Participates in sales calls when requested.
- May function as a representative of the organization at community meetings, civic and professional organizations as needed.
- Actively participates with agency leadership team to identify issues impacting the referral/admission process and potentials opportunities for improvement.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program with current license to practice in the state. Prior home health or hospice experience preferred w/ minimum of 1 year medical/surgical experience. Demonstrates excellent customer service, communication and organization skills. Demonstrates autonomy, attention to detail organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities. Must be able to function effectively in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions. Maintains a current CPR certification. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order. Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communications; skills per competency checklist. Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload Independently. Works indoors in patients’ homes. May be required to work in undesirable areas. Possibility of strains due to moving patients.
Continuing Education Requirements: Organization personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor This position requires a minimum of 8 education hours. In addition, organization personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Environmental Conditions: May be exposed to extremes of heat and cold in all weather conditions. May be required to drive in various
weather conditions on roads in varying degrees of repair.
Working Conditions: May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases.
Contact with patients under a wide variety of
circumstances. May be exposed or occasionally exposed to patient elements. Subject to varying and unpredictable
situations. Handles emergency or crisis situations.
OSHA exposure category: Category I – Position
includes tasks that involve exposure to blood, body
Required Personnel Protective
Equipment: As required by working conditions.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. The employee will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor and/or other management personnel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Affinity Care Commitments
Company Website: www.affinityhospice.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)